Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

DREAMING IN BLACK AND WHITE (PART 1)

Emma Watson is one of those rare, current actresses that I actually like. She seems down to earth, she's natural, and she's really pretty in an unassuming kind of way. Not to mention, she plays Hermione Granger! Aside from Jordan Baker and Scout Finch, Hermione is my favorite (female) literary character of all time. Emma's British too, and I love those Brits; their accents are so totally delightful!

I like her style a lot too. Simple, girly, and pretty. Maybe it's because she's just a year older than me, but I really admire Emma, and I'm hoping she'll keep her head despite the crazy lure of young Hollywood. Please Emma, don't turn into another Lohan! And please Lindsey, get some help! I hate to think her career (and life) might be over before she's even 30.




Some vintage inspiration. Does that scarf not scream Audrey? Or Grace?
I really love this picture. There's such a 50s diner feel and look to it.



Again, the scarf. And j'adore the jacket in this photo too.
(those cupcakes also look tasteeee).


Awesome photo. Give me the vespa!

This is just too lovely for words.


I wish I could get a longer shot of this dress, but this photo reminds me of one of my most favorite Audrey umbrella poses.


Part glamor girl, part femme fatale...

Aside from Harry Potter, Emma has also done work in Ballet Shoes, a film I have not seen but will check out hopefully.

No, this adorable shot of this adorable actress and her adorable dog is not of Ann Sothern. (Though there does seem to be a slight resemblance).


Can you guess who it is?

I know these posts have been pretty random, short (and myabe even useless, you're thinking), but a film review is on it's way! 
 
Happy happy birthday to my dear, wonderful, lovely, gorgeous, adorable Shia Labeouf. 23 years old today, congrats to making it this far! Now we're only five years apart, he and I.

Forgive me dear followers, if this sounds creepy, but I'm in love. And for the first time ever, my birthday post is for someone who is very much alive.

Transformers 2 comes out June 24th...guess where I'll be that day? It's actually the perfect way to hang out with Shia's other "wife", Mary and my best friend, Genie. Can't wait. Let the battle begin...who wins Shia in the end? Yeah, neither of us...but in the imaginary world, Shia technically belongs to Mary because I laid all claims to Gregory Peck.
Whatever, I've already had to concede Dana Andrews to Millie, so Shia is mine!!!!!!!!!!
There, I've done it. Had a completely random, rambling, delusional post! I hope I've made you proud, Millie!

I am a high school graduate!!!! Hooray!!!! I guess graduation was a bittersweet experience...there are some teachers I will definitely miss, friends that I'll miss terribly, and others who I won't because I'll be seeing them all the time. I'm not completely through with school, but when those college years are gone, I will still be learning. Even when I'm 83 (God Bless me), I'll still be learning something new. I like that idea a lot. Learning more will help me to understand better. Anyway, back to graduation. If I could sum it up in one word, I would say HILARIOUS. People were throwing beach balls all over the place, and we booed the head of the English department when she took away one of our beach balls. Party pooper.
One of the funniest moments had to be when I opened my diploma and said: "I can't read this!" It was in Latin. As if five years of learning the stuff actually helped me...;-D
Anyway, while away from the computer, I got some awesome movie watching done. And I have some new favorites...well, they're on their way to becoming favorites of mine if I get to see more of their work. The movies underneath the photos are the ones I've seen and those in red are the ones I'm going to watch. Note: Anne Baxter made this list, but not for All About Eve, though come to think of it, I really liked her in that.
Linda Darnell, Blood and Sand (1941) + Fallen Angel (1945)
A Letter to Three Wives (1949)

Vivian Blaine, Guys and Dolls (1955)
Something for the Boys (1944)

Anne Baxter, The Blue Gardenia (1953), one of my favorite new movies
The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)

Jean Peters, A Blueprint For Murder (1953)
Niagara (1953)

Ann Sothern, The Blue Gardenia (1953)
A Letter to Three Wives (1949)
 
I'm in a Gene Tierney kick right now. Gotta put her films at the top of my list, even before How to Steal a Million, but I'll always save Audrey for last. =D Here are some amazing shots of this talented and luminous beauty, whom I adore.









To watch: Thunder Birds (1942) and Black Widow (1954)



PS: A friend of mine has swine flu. GASP!!!!! Seriously, WHAT's the big deal?



Everyone is freaking out at school, which by the way, my friend hasn't even been in school ever since she reported flu like symptoms on the 20th. Swine flu only lasts a week, so she should be fine. I just wish people would learn to relax...I know there have been swine flu related deaths, and my heart and prayers go out to those victims and their families, but people die every single day from AIDS, murder and cancer. Why don't we learn to respect and treasure human life, and keep those who have passed on in our hearts and thoughts, instead of losing our heads over swine flu? Wash your hands and learn some hygiene!
 
I think I would get married in the church I've been going to ever since I was three. Or if not there, the island my parents are from, Italy, or Switerland.(That's far too much of an Audrey influence, right there, who got married in both the latter places)! (One of my friends wants to get married on a hill top in Greece, which sounds like a dream). Everyone would be at my wedding. I only wish my grandparents and great aunt and uncle could be a part of it. Of course there would be a nice dedication to them during the service.

This of course, is my ideal wedding dress. It's divine.
My wedding song: La Vie en Rose by Edith Piaf (Yes, in French too). This song speaks to my soul.

My wedding reception will have a variety of music, ranging from Frank Sinatra to current.


Now for my possible reception dresses where I'll do my dancing and relaxing:



Rita Hayworth in You'll Never Get Rich (1941)





Audrey looking fun and flirty.



Audrey again.

Yes I know, quite typical, but these flowers are so beautiful. White roses have always held a special place in my heart because like weddings, they're pure and very lovely. Also, there's something so clean and impeccable about them. Yes, this is my choice for a wedding bouquet, or if not white roses, then calla lilies. (I always think of Katharine Hepburn in Stage Door when I hear or see those flowers).


I'm in a wedding kick right now, and this post was just an attempt by me to put some of my wacky and lovely ideas out there. But, I'm also curious about what everyone else wants their weddings to look like, so I'm tagging all of my female followers! (Guys just don't seem to get excited about stuff like this). If you don't want to get married, then consider yourself un-tagged. But have fun with this if you like.  

How I'm Feeling: Silly (and scared...)
Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly being silly themselves.


The day of Senior sign out is on the 21st. That means I only have six days, not counting the weekend, of being a high schooler!!!! Oh me oh my...after six years in that institution, I mean school, it's hard to say whether I'm thrilled or terrified to leave. When I see the underclassmen, I can't wait to run through the doors and never look back. And yet, the real world frightens me! College...I remember when at the age of ten, I thought *18* was "grown up." I'm still a kid, for crying out loud! A somewhat mature, old soul kid, but a kid nonetheless. Yes, I'm moving forward in life and all that jazz, but can we slow down just a little bit?
UH NO!!!!! I have been counting down to sign out and prom since the beginning of the month. I have mixed feelings about leaving clearly. Ah, when will I follow my own advice? Take everything in stride. Get to those old movies on the tivo and relax. Maybe I'll take a film study class in college...
Prom is 15 days away. That picture of Frankie and Gene sums up how I feel about prom. =D 
 
I've compiled a list of the ideal prom dates. The ones that really make me wish I was a stunner, because then they would ask me to prom, and we'd be the best looking couple. And no, this list is not realistic, because all of these men are either dead, famous, married, or extremely older than me! But hey, I can dream, can't I? So without further ado...
The classic, Old Hollywood men (in no particular order except for the first two).
Gregory Peck

Robert Taylor

William Holden

Cary Grant
Gary Cooper

Clark Gable

Dana Andrews

And now, my list of modern men. Yes I have current guys on this list because as much as I LOVE all the previous ones, I can't take a corpse to prom. And I don't think that those fantasies will come true. And neither will these except I have a better chance because they're all alive, and two of them are unmarried and not 10 or more years older than me. Although, I do like older guys (hence everyone on this list).

Shia Labeouf...oh goodness me. What to do, what to do...
UNMARRIED!!!!
Milan Lucic (His nose is rather large and has been broken quite a few times, but that does not detract from his overall hotness).
UNMARRIED!!!! (20 years old, just two years older than me).

Johnny Depp

Eddie House
Matt Damon 
 
A very happy birthday to the darling Anne Baxter, who would have turned 86 today. She died of a brain aneurysm, at the very young age of 62. Rest in peace.

I know TCM is playing a tribute to the drool worthy Gary Cooper, so a very happy, happy birthday to his soul, and may he rest in peace.

This photo makes me want to melt! Carole Lombard was so right when she nicknamed him studs!  

No comments: